Networks for Home, Office and Retail
i-Motion has experience in all networking environments. We have done home and business ADSL installations, wireless (Wi-Fi) installations, office network installations and large-scale retail network installations and certifications. We strive towards minimising cost while maintaining exceptional quality standards with our installations and equipment.
i-Motion has a strong focus on internationally recognised network standards. We are able to do new network installations and certify or test existing installations. Our policy is to always certify our own work before signing off on a contract. When doing new network installations we use the T568B standard and CAT5e cable with a nominal velocity of propagation (NVP) of 66%. When adding cables to an existing network we will maintain the networking standard that was used during the initial installation.
One of our high priorities is to only have network switches and other networking devices in designated areas and within network cabinets, all represented on a floor plan. This makes for speedy troubleshooting in the case of cable errors.
We do the following network installations:
- Cat5e Cable
- Cat6 Cable
- Patch Panels
- Network Switches
- Wall Boxes
- Fly-leads replacements
- Patch-lead replacements
- Indoor and Outdoor wireless solutions
Full Network Analysis
Our network certification is conducted using Fluke® DTX CableAnalyzerTM. We have a 2 phase process during which all network points on the premises are tested between the patch panel and the network wall box. We also create a floor plan which indicates all network points on the floor, the location of the main network cabinet and all other network cabinets. Any network points which fail during network testing are then repaired or replaced depending on the severity of the fault.
- Locate Main Network Cabinet
- Locate any other network Cabinets and network switches
- Unplug all patch panels from networks switches (remove all patch-leads and fly-leads)
- Record links between switches and patch panels
- Search and test/certify all network points on premises
- Record all network points on floor plan
- Replace all hand-made patch-leads with factory-produced patch-leads
- Test all connections to server after Phase 1 to test network functionally
- Replace all wallboxes recorded as faulty
- Replace network cables recorded as faulty
- Label Network Cabinets and patch panels
- Label all wallboxes on premises
- Replace all hand-made fly-leads with factory-produced fly-leads
- Re-test all cables and wallboxes after replacement
- Print floor plan with labelled network points and location of network cabinets
Single Cable Test
For a single cable we use either the Fluke® Microscanner 2TM or the DTX Cable Analyzer depending on the severity of the problem. Most single-cable errors can be resolved by using the Micro-scanner and only should we find it insufficient will we use the Big Tester. Using the Micro-scanner in conjunction with the Digital Toner, we can quickly locate the cable at fault on your patch panel, in the case of the cable being unlabelled, and we are able to do so while your network in is full operation meaning no disconnection of any cables except the one giving the error.